Marko Vovk CV /BIO
|Education:||Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Cleveland State University 1988, Gilmour Academy 1979|
|Experience:||28 years experience in, inspecting, materials consulting and testing, performed over 14,000 + home and property inspections, 1000 plus environmental inspections, performed expert witness testimony before local, municipal courts and the American Arbitration Association.|
|Author:||You’re Home Inspection Report, The Bio-Growth Report, the Lead Report, and the co-author of The Illustrated Mold Handbook. The reports and book are sold nationally. Marko also hold one US Patent.Marko is a YouTuber with over 170 Videos and 2,000,000 Views. (2 Million Views). Please visit his YouTube channel under the name ClevelandMarko. Please watch a few videos. Please rate and subscrive. (PS I get 1/2 to 3/4 of a cent for every video watched. I need your 2 cents worth THANKS.)|
2013 to present
Active Licenses and Certifications
- State Licensed Radon Tester T-000259-1
- State Licensed Lead Risk Assessor OH-000644
- State Licensed Custom Operator Pest-Termite-Wood Boring Insect (I do not do pest certifications)
- Certified NBI HVAC air balancer certification #021420 (TL I may drop this in future).
- Certified 203 K HUD residential building inspector (I usually refer these to others when I am busy)
- ASHI American Society of Home Inspectors #108428 (I teach seminars for ASHI yearly).
- GROUP 5000 MEMBER active and in good standing (This group has 7 other great home inspectors).
- Certified Indoor Environmentalist CIE (This is one of these 5 day classes I took)
- ICC BI code certified (TL I am not current with this one).
- Indoor Air Quality Association (I pay them money)
- NCI Certified Carbon Monoxide Consultant (TL I am not current with this one)_
- NEW ITEM State Licensed Multifamily Radon Testor (See radon seciton of web site)
Note (TL) occurs when actual certification expires due to deadline date. After this date, the inspector has time to take CEU class, test, or send fee. This is a budget thing. Example; the CO cert cost $400/2 years and the time lapse is 2 more years. Therefore, I wait till the 4th year to send in payment and take class again. Ditto HVAC class and ICC B1. This does not happen with the above State Licenses. (NOTE: This list can change with new items added)
(Most below are from when I was a high rise building inspector during 1980-1993)
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS, AFFILIATIONS, Education, Technical Learning and more: (mostly past / and some still present)
ASCE, CES, AISC, AWS, ACI, ASTM, BBB, UL, NRC, CEC Level III, TROXLER, R-METER, WINSOR PROBE, SIR, 203K certified, University of Findlay lead paint risk assessor, 1996 and 1999, University of Cincinnati lead paint Inspector 1992, University of Cincinnati lead paint supervisor 1990, Princeton Gamma Tech principles of x-ray fluorescence, 1990, Professional Service Industries Asbestos Abatement Contractor 1993, OSHA competent person 1993, Building Inspection Principles CEC 1981-1993.
Construction consultant and contractor for Churches Fried Chicken 1982-1984. Director for CEC construction inspection-laboratory for the Cleveland Area 1980-1993. Directly supervised the inspection and materials testing for the following; Downtown 12 story JAIL II, project, Marriott at Society tower 28 story complex, Renaissance 15 story tower, Eaton Center 28 story tower, North Point 22 story tower, Western Reserve 10 story tower, Red Cross building, Playhouse Square parking structure, Playhouse Square Palace theater renovation, Bond Court restoration, Lake County Jail Building, Deaconess hospital garage, Enterprise Place, Red Cross building, Metro Burn Unit garages, Apple super markets, and the Findlay Mall. (Welds, concrete, soil, steel, bolts, building materials, curtain walls, roads, bridges, and more were all part of Marko’s scope of work)
Marko Vovk has bought 17 homes from 1981-2014. Some were sold; some were rebuilt, some had additions added, some were 100% rehabbed and some he still owns.
Marko Vovk ” IS NOT” A PE. Marko does not do engineering work or engineering calculations. Marko has a four year B.S degree in civil engineering from CSU 1988.
|Cell:||216.924.TEST (BEST NUMBER), 216.431.TEST (Yellow Pages),|
|Mail address:||1501 Spring Garden Lakewood Ohio 44107 – (mail address and home office)
(downtown warehouse 6616 St. Clair Cleveland Ohio 44103)
These files are in .pdf format. You will need Adobe’s free Acrobat Reader to view them.